Town of Cary, North Carolina
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
(Town of Cary referred to as the “TOWN”)
DBE Program Policy Statement
The TOWN has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. The TOWN has received Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, the TOWN has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of the TOWN to ensure that DBEs as defined in part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. It is also our policy:
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT - assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT-assisted contracts;
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
TeLeishia Holloway has been delegated as the DBE Liaison Officer (DBELO). In this capacity, TeLeishia is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program. Implementation of the DBE program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by the TOWN in its financial assistance agreements with the Department of Transportation.
The TOWN has disseminated this policy statement to the TOWN Council and all of the components of our organization. We have distributed this statement to DBE and non-DBE business communities that perform work for us on DOT-assisted contracts by posting the statement on the TOWN website and the NC E-Procurement system, and by requiring our service contractor to distribute this statement to vendors with whom they do business.