GoCary Door to Door Policy Change Notification
GoCary Reservations Phone Number:
919-481-2020 (Option 3)
GoCary Reservations Email:
Effective October 15, 2022, GoCary will make the following changes to the policy for scheduling Tier 3 reservations:
- GoCary customers may call 8-14 days in advance to request a Tier 3 weekday (Monday thru Friday) round-trip reservation for medical appointments or employment trips.
- GoCary will guarantee three (3) round-trip medical reservations and two (2) round-trip employment trip reservations per weekday.
- If three (3) round-trip medical reservations and two (2) round-trip employment reservations have already been scheduled for a specific day, the reservationist will notify the customer that their request has been logged and GoCary will call them after 4:30 PM the day before their requested trip to verify whether we have space available to accommodate their request. This trip is not confirmed until the reservationist calls the day before the trip to notify the customer that their request has been approved.
- If a customer calls in the 8-14 day window to request a Tier 3 weekend trip, or a Tier 1 or Tier 2 trip, the reservationist will explain that they have called too far in advance and they may call back up to 7 days before their trip.
- Customers that miss the 8-14 day window but call within 7 days of their requested Tier 3 trip will have their request logged by a reservationist. This trip request cannot be confirmed until after 4:30 PM the day before the requested trip date according to space availability.
We appreciate your continued patronage, and we look forward to continuing to serve you. If you have any questions, please call the Transit Program Coordinator at 919-653-7141, or email BetterTransit@GoCary.org.