From January 7th through February 6th at 5 p.m. citizens have an opportunity to review and comment on the updated Title VI Program for GoCary services.
In Accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, “No person in the United States shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.”
Every three years, each recipient of federal funding must submit an updated Title VI Program that documents compliance with federal Title VI guidance. As a recipient of Federal Transit Administration (FTA) funding, the Town of Cary is required to submit such a program. The Title VI Program is also required by FTA guidance to be approved by the agency’s governing body, the Cary Town Council.
Per FTA’s guidance, the Town’s Title VI Program should include the following:
- A signed Title VI assurance and governing body approval of the overall Title VI Program
- A copy of the agency’s public notice with a list of where the notice is posted
- Instructions for how to file a complaint with a copy of the complaint form
- A list of any Title VI investigations, complaints or lawsuits and how such complaints were addressed and resolved
- A Public Participation Plan and list of outreach activities conducted since the last submission
- A Language Assistance Plan for providing language assistance
- System-wide standards and policies
- Demographic and service profile maps and charts
- Description of how the primary recipient of FTA funding monitors for compliance
The draft Title VI Program is available for download from the link below, or a copy can be made available upon request with the Transportation Program Coordinator at the Cary Senior Center in Bond Park, 120 Maury O’Dell Place, Cary, NC 27513.
Click here to review the DRAFT Town of Cary GoCary Title VI Program Update
Once the public comment period closes, comments will be compiled, reviewed, and may be incorporated into the final program. Town staff is recommending that Town Council approve the FTA required 2019 Title VI Program Update at the January 23, 2020 Cary Town Council Meeting.
You can submit comments on the proposed Title VI Program update the following ways:
Phone: (919) 653-7141
Mail: GoCary Transportation Program Coordinator
P.O. Box 8005
Cary, NC 27512